This means that new measures will come into place including:
- people must not socialise with anybody they do not live with, or have formed a support bubble with, in any indoor setting or in any private garden or at most outdoor hospitality venues and ticketed events
- people must not socialise in a group of more than 6 in an outdoor public space such as a park or beach, the countryside, a public garden or a sports venue
- all pubs and bars must close, unless they are serving substantial meals
- betting shops, casinos, bingo halls, adult gaming centres and soft play areas will close
- people should try to avoid travelling outside the very high alert level or entering a very-high alert level area, other than for work, education or for caring responsibilities or to travel through as part of a longer journey
- residents should avoid staying overnight in another part of the UK, and others should avoid staying overnight in the very high alert area
You can still move home if you’re in a very high alert level area. Estate and letting agents and removals firms can continue to work and people looking to move home can continue to undertake viewings.